Monday, March 24, 2014

Money Smart Week

In my life I’ve had several apartments, car payments, phone bills, student loans, credit cards, and a handful of jobs with full benefits.  I’ll admit, even with all this financial experience there is still a hefty amount of stuff I don’t know.  Heck, I am currently getting my doctorate in physical therapy right now and am still no expert on the healthcare system, nor do I know how or when I should start saving for retirement.  There is always something more you can learn to make your life easier.  Luckily there is hope.  The 2014 Money Smart Week events will be occurring April 5th - 12th throughout DeKalb County.  Different topics will be discussed that range from budgeting and credit scores to eating healthy on a budget.  The only regret I had during my undergrad was that I didn’t take advantage of opportunities like this.  Trust me, the sooner you learn this stuff the better (it’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks).  Take a look at the events going on, I’m positive there is something you find helpful.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment